Hazardous Areas Awareness Training – DARWIN
Hazardous Areas Awareness Training – DARWIN
ABOUT THE COURSE
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
This Hazardous Areas Awareness Training course gives students an overview and understanding of Hazardous Areas. This course is designed for people working in Hazardous Areas.
In this Hazardous Areas Awareness Training course you will learn about :
- Australian Standards for Hazardous Areas
- Different zones in Hazardous Areas
- Equipment protection
- Inspect and maintain equipment in Hazardous Areas
There is no funding currently available for this course
Option 1: In-class Training – Email or call to check availability.
Option 2: Hybrid Training – Ongoing, enrol and start any time.
DELIVERY OF COMPETENCIES
Option 1: In-class Training – Theory with practicals (self-paced).
Option 2: Hybrid Training – Self-paced theory to be completed online and practical to be completed in class.
Email or call to check availability.
Throughout the course, you will have access to your trainer via phone or email during normal business hours.
The ‘chat with trainer’ function is available from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
HOW TO ENROL
Click on the book now button and follow the prompts
There are no prerequisites to enrol into this Hazardous Awareness Areas Training course.
- Computer Literacy
- Access to personal laptop/desktop with a webcam (Company laptops with firewalls may not work)
- Reliable internet connection
- Headset for video conferencing and video lectures (Headset = Mic + Speakers)
- You will need a Gmail account to gain access to Google Drive to participate in this course
- A Valid Photo ID (e.g. Drivers licence)
- Australian Passport /Birth Certificate / Medicare Card
- Protective footwear with safety toe cap and non-slip soles to AS2210
- 100% cotton drill industry-standard clothing required for all practicals
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as used gloves and safety glasses can be borrowed
- Students must demonstrate an appropriate level of language, literacy and numeracy skills and knowledge to undertake a course at this level.
- A Valid Unrestricted Australian Electrical licence.
- One must be physically fit to enrol into this course as it involves use of tools, ladders, step ladders, use of harness and maneuvering yourself through ceiling cavities.
All essential books are provided by Ausinet for this course.
You will need to bring :
- A wired headset or headphones
- A laptop
- A pen and notepad
You will also need to have an email address and a reliable internet connection in order to use our online LMS platform if you are doing some parts of the course online.
Enclosed footwear must be worn at all times when you are on the premises.
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance upon successful course completion.
Ausinet, as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), recognises the Australian Qualifications Framework qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by any other Australian RTO. You are encouraged to submit requests for credit from previous studies when enrolling to ensure that you are not enrolling in units you may not need to undertake. If you have completed units at other RTO and you think they may count towards the award requirements of the course you are enrolled in at Ausinet, submit an official copy of your results for the units you have undertaken. Credit transfer may fast-track your course.
Recognition of prior learning also referred to as RPL, is the formal acknowledgement of a person’s current skills and knowledge experience gained throughout life – regardless of how they have been acquired.
This is an important assessment pathway, particularly for people who are considering doing a study. The recognition gained may considerably reduce the study time needed to get a qualification.
The RPL assessment may include workplace observation, interviews and professional conversations, work samples and documented evidence. Please contact the office for an RPL kit.
” I have just recently completed my cert IV EEHA training with Kevin and Ausinet and found the entire experience was a positive one. The teaching methods and course flexibility meant i was able to obtain my certification without having to take any time off work and still get through the theory at my own pace. The pricing of the course was extremely good and i later found that the course is supported through the trade union jetco fund which was an added bonus. I will be using Ausinet in the future for additional training for sure.”
” A bit like the HA courses that have rapidly became common place in the gas industry today so to is the need & focus now to up skill within the instrumentation field. This is where Kevin excels and sits apart from other training providers, with his informative, patient and thorough knowledge that comes from his years of experience in the field and a course structure that comes from listening to what people want from their training provider, i am happy to recommend Ausinet and Kevin for both the training i have undertaken and working alongside him in the field, great effort”
* This competency-based training duration is subjective and varies with an individual’s experience, intellect and tenacity.