Qualified Business Person Course QBP BRISBANE
QBP – Qualified Business Person Course BRISBANE
ABOUT THE COURSE
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
This course is part of the Electrical Contractor Course. With this course, you can apply to become a Qualified Business Person QBP for the Electrical Contractors Licence. If you want the full licence, you will also need to complete the Qualified Technical Person Course (QTP).
The Qualified Business Person QBP course covers the development of plans and policies to ensure regulatory requirements are met in conducting a contracting business, regulatory compliance, occupational and workplace relation requirements associated with the functions and responsibilities of a contracting business. It encompasses applying knowledge of compliance regulations and standards, legislated obligations in relation to safety, the environment, heritage sites and employment and human resources.
CSQ funding is currently available for this course.
CSQ Funding Details
|UEECD0007 – $240|
UEEEL0040 – $750
BSBESB402 – $360
Click here to fill out the CSQ Eligibility Form
- Construction Skills Queensland is an independent, not-for-profit, industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices, trainees and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
- CSQ provides funding to reduce the financial obstacle to training, making upskilling an affordable option for many more individuals in the construction industry.
- CSQ-funded training is delivered by a range of selected registered training organisations (RTOs) across Queensland.
- CSQ contributes towards the cost of courses to reduce the cost to participants. CSQ funding is paid directly to the contracted RTO, generally between 75% and 100% of course costs.
- Refer to our CSQ Funding page for more details.
Option 1: In-class Training – Starts Every Tuesday.
Option 2: Online Training – Ongoing, enrol and start any time.
DELIVERY OF COMPETENCIES
Option 1: In-class Training – Theory with practicals (self-paced).
Option 2: Online Training – Self-paced theory and practicals to be completed online.
Email or call to check availability.
Throughout the course, you will have access to your trainer via phone or email during normal business hours.
The ‘chat with trainer’ function is available from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
HOW TO ENROL
Click on the book now button and follow the prompts
In order to enrol in the Qualified Business Person QBP course you must have:
- Basic Computer Literacy
- A Valid Photo ID (e.g. Drivers Licence)
- Australian Passport / Birth Certificate / Medicare Card
You will need to bring :
- A wired headset or headphones
- A laptop
- A pen and notepad
You will also need to have an email address and a reliable internet connection in order to use our online LMS platform if you are doing some parts of the course online.
Enclosed footwear must be worn at all times when you are on the premises
You will receive a Nationally Recognised Certificate upon successful course completion.
UNITS + NOMINAL HOURS
|Code||Unit of Competency||Points (Hours)|
|UEECD0007||Apply work health and safety regulations, codes, and practices in the workplace||20|
|UEEEL0040||Develop compliance policies and plans to conduct an electrical contracting business||80|
|BSBESB402||Establish legal and risk management requirements for new business ventures||60|
Ausinet, as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), recognises the Australian Qualifications Framework qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by any other Australian RTO. You are encouraged to submit requests for credit from previous studies when enrolling to ensure that you are not enrolling in units you may not need to undertake. If you have completed units at other RTO and you think they may count towards the award requirements of the course you are enrolled in at Ausinet, submit an official copy of your results for the units you have undertaken. Credit transfer may fast-track your course.
Recognition of prior learning, also referred to as RPL, is the formal acknowledgement of a person’s current skills and knowledge experience gained throughout life – regardless of how they have been acquired.
This is an important assessment pathway, particularly for people who are considering doing study. The recognition gained may considerably reduce the study time needed to get a qualification.
The RPL assessment may include workplace observation, interviews and professional conversations, work samples and documented evidence. Please contact the office for an RPL kit.
To become an Electrical Contractor, you will also need to complete the Qualified Technical Person (QTP) Course.
- This unit is part of the requirements for people who are applying for an electrical contractor’s licence from the Electrical Safety Oﬃce to become a Qualiﬁed Business Person (QBP).
“Good online course. Elearning platform is great compared to other courses I have done in the past.”
“Course is well structured and I like having direct access to the trainers through live chat or email if needed. I got their replies quite quickly and I found they were great help ”
“Loved the videos and LMS. I will be recommending Ausinet.”
” Great knowledge from the trainers. Highly recommend”
“Content was good, making use of video presentations and plenty of opportunities to practice. The flexible training really suited me, too. Thanks!”
* This is a competency-based training duration is subjective and varies with an individual’s experience, intellect and tenacity.