SKILLS CHECKPOINT FUNDING
Are you aged over 40 and looking to re-skill?
The Australian Government, through its Skills and Training Incentive, is providing up to $2,200 (GST inclusive) to fund training to help mature-age Australians to update their skills and remain in the workforce longer.
You are eligible for the Incentive if you:
- are aged 40–70
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- are currently employed OR recently unemployed (within nine months) and not registered with an Australian Government employment services provider
- have completed a Skills Checkpoint assessment that identified training opportunities through the Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program (Program).
You can find out more information about the Incentive and the Program by:
- visiting skillscheck.com.au
- visiting the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s website at https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-checkpoint-older-workers-program and https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-and-training-incentive; and
- contacting your local Program Provider, who can help you apply for the Program and potentially access the Incentive, using the details below:
|Organisation||States/territories in which the organisation delivers the program||Contact details|
|The BUSY Group Ltd||Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania and the Northern Territory||13 BUSY (13 28 79)https://www.busyatwork.com.au/skills-checkpoint-program/|
|VERTO Ltd||New South Wales, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory||1300 4 VERTO(1300 483 786)https://www.verto.org.au/our-services/skills-checkpoint|