Solar Design – Grid Connected Photovoltaic Systems – ONLINE
Solar Design – Grid Connected Photovoltaic Systems – ONLINE
- This training follows the CEC (Clean Energy Council) guidelines.
ABOUT THE COURSE
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
This Solar Design course is made for electricians and engineers who want to learn how to design solar photo voltaic systems. This course does not include installing grid connected solar PV systems.
After successful completion of this course you will be able to apply for the Grid-connect Design Only accreditation with the Clean Energy Council of Australia.
This Solar Design course is made for people who require a fast-paced and flexible learning environment while getting top quality training.
This Solar Design course covers providing known solutions to predictable problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus and systems operated at ELV and LV. It encompasses working safely, and problem-solving procedures, including the use of basic voltage, current and resistance measuring devices, providing known solutions to predictable circuit problems.
This Solar Design course covers the design of grid-connected photovoltaic power supply systems and their installation. It encompasses following design briefs, incorporating schemes for the protection of persons and property from the dangers of a system malfunction, ensuring other safety and performance standards and functional requirements are met and documenting design calculations and criteria.
There is no funding currently available for this course.
Ongoing, enrol and start any time.
DELIVERY OF COMPETENCIES
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
In this course you will learn :
|PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER SYSTEMS
|Daily irradiationPhotovoltaic modules
|PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER SYSTEMS DESIGN
PV arrays selection
System components selection
Other design considerations
PV Grid Connected System Operation
Grid connect inverter selection
HOW TO ENROL
Click on the ‘Book Now’ button and follow the prompts.
In order to enrol in this Solar Design course you must have:
- Computer Literacy
- Access to personal laptop/desktop with a webcam (Company laptops with firewalls may not work)
- Reliable internet connection
- Headset for video conferencing and video lectures (Headset = Mic + Speakers)
- You will need a Gmail account to gain access to Google Drive to participate in this course
- A Valid Photo ID (e.g. Drivers licence)
- Australian Passport /Birth Certificate / Medicare Card
- Protective footwear with safety toe cap and non-slip soles to AS2210
- 100% cotton drill industry-standard clothing required for all practicals
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as used gloves and safety glasses can be borrowed
- Students must demonstrate an appropriate level of language, literacy and numeracy skills and knowledge to undertake a course at this level.
- One must be physically fit to enrol into this course as it involves use of tools, ladders, step ladders, use of harness and maneuvering yourself through ceiling cavities
- A Valid Unrestricted Electrical Licence AND A Certificate III in Electrotechnology
- An electrical engineering degree recognised by the Washington Accord
- If you are not an electrician or electrical engineer, you will need competency in the following units: UEECD0007, UEECD0016, UEECD0019, UEECD0020, UEECD0025, UEECD0043 And UEECD0051. We can provide those units for $5950. Duration is about 2 full weeks for practicals.
Anyone with prior Electrical knowledge can enrol into the course to gain Solar design training. There are typically two pathways for CEC accreditation. One pathway is for Engineers and the second is for Electrical Trades-person. The students that receive Statement of attainment are from the VET sector who already have the prerequisite units i.e. typically Electricians. For example, if an Electrical Engineer wishes to complete this course then they will receive a Statement of completion which can be submitted to CEC along with the proof of sufficient Electrical Knowledge which would be an Electrical Engineering degree recognised by the Washington accord. CEC will then assess your application and if successful award you with Solar PV Design accreditation
Access to resources is through online links only. Some of the books cannot be downloaded. A hard copy is available on request on the condition that the student pays for postage (registered optional) and administration. This course is not available to students without a good internet connection.
You don’t need to purchase these standards upfront but its recommended to have access to the following:
You will need to get access to the following standards :
- AS/NZS 5033 – Photovoltaic arrays
- AS/NZS 4777.1 – Grid connection of energy systems via inverters
- AS/NZS 3000 – Wiring rules
- AS/NZS 3008.1.1 – Selection of cables Part 1.1
You will need :
- A wired headset or headphones
- A laptop
- A notepad
- A pen
You will also need to have an email address and a reliable internet connection in order to complete the course online.
If you decide to come to class, enclosed footwear must be worn at all times when you are on the premises.
You will receive a Nationally Recognised Certificate upon successful course completion.
After you have successfully completed this course, you will be able to apply for your solar accreditation (Grid connect install only) at the Clean Energy Council of Australia (CEC).
You can find more information about the cec accreditation application process, requirements and fees on the Clean Energy Council website.
UNITS + NOMINAL HOURS
|Unit of Competency
|Conduct site survey for grid-connected photovoltaic and battery storage systems
|Design grid-connected photovoltaic power supply systems
UEERE0022 supersedes and is equivalent to UEENEEK125A
UEERE0011 supersedes and is equivalent to UEENEEK135A
Ausinet, as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), recognises the Australian Qualifications Framework qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by any other Australian RTO. You are encouraged to submit requests for credit from previous studies when enrolling to ensure that you are not enrolling in units you may not need to undertake. If you have completed units at other RTO and you think they may count towards the award requirements of the course you are enrolled in at Ausinet, submit an official copy of your results for the units you have undertaken. Credit transfer may fast-track your course.
Recognition of prior learning also referred to as RPL, is the formal acknowledgement of a person’s current skills and knowledge experience gained throughout life – regardless of how they have been acquired.
This is an important assessment pathway, particularly for people who are considering doing study. The recognition gained may considerably reduce the study time needed to get a qualification.
The RPL assessment may include workplace observation, interviews and professional conversations, work samples and documented evidence. Please contact the office for an RPL kit.
Solar Battery Design Storage Systems For Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems – ONLINE. You can further gain suitable CEC Accreditation for Solar. Please refer to our CEC Accreditation Pathways page to know more.
Possible job titles and roles relevant to this Solar Design course include:
- Solar technician
- Solar designer
“The online course is easy to access and the trainers were always available to respond to questions.”
“Being an online course forced me to solve & understand anything I was having trouble with rather than in a classroom setting just asking a question, getting an answer and not fully understanding or retaining the information.”
* This competency-based training duration is subjective and varies with an individual’s experience, intellect and tenacity.
Is Ausinet on the list of accredited Training providers on the CEC website?
Yes, you can check the CEC list of accredited training providers https://assets.cleanenergycouncil.org.au/documents/accreditation/cec-accreditation-training-organisations-australia.pdf we are listed as the Australian Institute of Electrotechnology
If I am an electrical engineer and I want to do the design course how can I check if my degree is recognised by the Washington accord?
Use the qualification checker on this website https://www.ieagreements.org/